In considering the proposed changes we seek an understanding by Government as to the
typically productive, efficient and mutually beneficial relationship in small business between
the employer and the workers, as well as between businesses. Small business thrive with
effective workplaces. When the matters are being considered we seek an impact on the
processes that already exist or the additional processes that will be required.
All Small Business should not be subject to a complex and burdensome registration and
compliance framework that is designed to prevent a specific set of problems.
COSBOA, on behalf of Small Business, seeks an approach that will consider each matter
with the following perspectives:
- to ensure we have a clear understanding of what problem is being solved.
- to achieve objectives in the most effective manner
- to ensure a clear understanding of the impact of any proposed change or new measure upon Small Business including employees
- to seek reduction in red tape and compliance burden on a Small Business
- to seek the development of the workforce, agreed flexibility in employment arrangements
and improve business productivity.
For more information see our recent submission on Labour Hire Regulation